Sunday, July 15, 2012

You Can't Control It

  I always thought that if you worked hard and didn't make really crappy life decisions that pretty much anything was possible. You'd have a good job, stable relationship, etc, etc. And for the most part, I think it worked - for awhile.
  In 2010, I was just finishing my second teaching year and coming off provisional status (one of the keys to being stable), my husband loved working his police dept and was always doing proactive things to get into something at work, we had good friends at the department and got along with the same people (for the most part), my son was 4 years old, and we carefully planned our next child to be born in the May/June timeframe - just in time for summer break from school.
  Things were as great as they could be. We had all the same struggles as anyone else trying to make it on public service type salaries but we were happy feeling like we were contributing to society and making a good life for our kids.
  Even though I thought we did everything right, my entire world shattered on March 21, 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment